vw teilemarkt

I will be glad if you help me

gelöschtes Mitglied
  • Themenstarter

hi, I have a problem and the dealers do not understand about polo 6n2.

I use 75/60 mm fk springs in my car and
I hate them because they are extremely hard. I found eibach has comfortable driving but it lowers less 50/35 mm, I will need extra lowering...

Is there 60/60 spring for polo 6n2?
Is there federteller or lowering spring cap for polo 6n2? (I do not know exact name but provides extra lowering about 10 mm)

thanks alot.

HI,

have a look at Bonrath:
[Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar

• Cheers
    Dennis

• eibach is copmfortable, but the springs will lower after a time!
    e.g. you buy 30/30 springs, its likely that they lower to 50/50...
    if used with the original damper, you get a quite hard chassis - besides that you'll
    destroy the damper.

ever thouht about getting a coilover?
    kw would be a good idea...

Hi, i am driving the first threaded-suspension kit by eibach for the 6n2. it is very comfortable, not so deep,...

look @ my fotos...

best wishes

gelöschtes Mitglied
    • Themenstarter

thanks alot for the answers!

I use koni absorbers, the yellow ones, I can adjust the hardness level

I got the fk 75/60 springs they are like a rock and I really afraid of damaging the car because the springs seem to be absorb nothing!

I use 205/40/16 tyres and my car is really high. I want a good looking and a better comfort in drive, I measured and the car should be lowered about 70 mm.

I thougt about eibach 50/35 +spring cap... This is a budget solution but seems to lower not enough.

I looked for the FK AK type coilovers but they are 450 euro, and I am a student, and also I want to use my koni's...

Thanks alot for the suggestions

well the springs do NOT absorbe! they are respnsible to keep the car at a certain distance from the asphalt
    the absorbers do that, in your case your konis...
    the stiffness of a chassis is given by teh absrbers. if you can adjust the hardness, the be sure to be at softst level.
    the koni yellows are ideed very hard.

gelöschtes Mitglied
    • Themenstarter

ok I used wrongly, fk springs do not yawn,
    (gähnen, I use dictionary!) we sit three people on the front of the car and it did not lower! the hits comes from roads directly goes to the body of the car.

there is another serious problem, I wanted a shortened koni absorber from dealer, but after I used them I learnt that they are not shortened! They support only up to 40 mm lowering. So my springs and absorbers seem to be not competible.

There are very low cars in the photos, I think they cut their springs, I can not do that it is too dangereous.

gelöschtes Mitglied
    • Themenstarter

I also sent an email to [Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar

• and I learnt that they do not have spring cap for polo 6n2 :(

I also use the koni's in the softest level.

• Thats the main problem, the most of the firms have no Springs for the 6n2, but for the 6n. If the are not serious, they tould you to use the 6n springs, and the absorbers.
    I am also a student and i won the eibach, otherways i would also have the money to buy it. They designed the absorbers and the springs spezilly, and showed me the production of the springs... Fantastic,... and there is a big difference between the both, the 6n and the 6n2.

the other problem is, that the 6n2 doesn't look so deep, as the 6n, but if you look at the "seitenschweller" (what the hell is that in english?) you see how deep the 6n2 allready is ...

i would advice you to save your money first, and buy some hight quality. With the cheap once you wouldnt have fun, because they are mostly very hard...

mfg

gelöschtes Mitglied
    • Themenstarter

thanks alot

now I am thinking of FK AK type coilovers
    they cost 450 euro, that is kw or eibach coilovers are 1200 euro here. The price is good but do you recommend them?
    Do they become very hard in the usage of the 70 mm lowering?

i dont know how deep my car exactly is, but i thing its near the 70mm, and i can say, very comfortable. in my Golf i had an FK one, but it was very hard, sportly and uncomfortable, because you get one gullydeckel, and the feeling was like "autsch" ....

the eibach pro Street is here roundabout 650-800 euros i thing,... i seen it once on ebay for 650 euros,

i love my: Pro-Street
    (Height-adjustable Suspension System) (so called by eibach..
    )

mfg

not shortened absorbers with 70mm lowering springs!?!?
    wow...thats leathal for them... i can't even imagine how someone could build them in...
    but then your mentioned problem is obvious...
    in my opinion the kw coilovers are best, and soon i'll get them... my philosophy is to spend a bit more money on realy safety related stuff. this often saves money afterwards! if you get some other wheels then you'll have no probs, since you can adapt everything in a few moments...

gelöschtes Mitglied
    • Themenstarter

Thanks alot
    I wanted shortened ones but I understood after 1 month :(

Is there a safety problem with not using shortened absorbers? Can it cause important problems?

You are right, best way is to use quality material at the begining, but you know student life, not alot of money exists for that things

polotreff.de
    #14 - 09.06.2005how low should i lower my polo 6n2 lowering polo 6n2 help i will be glad if you will help me coilover kit 9n1 polo 70mm lowering springs spezilli i will be glad if polo 6n 60mm 10 mm lowering spring caps polo vw polo 6n forum eibach 40/40 polo 2f polo 6n on cut springs vw polo 6n 70mm lowering coilovers polo 86c 2f difference between vw polo 6n1 and 6n2 fk ak street coilovers - vw polo 9n & 9n3 eibach 50/35 on polo 6n2 polo 9n1 coilover kit lowering 2f polo polo 2f coilovers kw gia polo 6n2
    Antworten erstellen