vw teilemarkt

HH zylinderkopf tuning - english help!

8volly
  • Themenstarter
8volly's

Hallo!
I hope some of you speak englisch.. I am from England and I am building a HH engine for my polo.. I want to put bigger valves in the cylinder head - the standard size valves are 34mm/29mm.
The HH engine has the combustion chamber in the head unlike the other early polo engines which are in the pistons, and because of that the valves are shorter - HH valves 104,00mm - other engines 110,50mm.. I know with the other engines you can use Ford valves to make bigger inlet valves (36,00mm) but I cannot find any to make bigger valves for the HH! Is there any help you can give me?

Also, the compression ratio is 8.2:1 which is too low! Does anyone know how much I can skim off the cylinder head/ block to raise the compression ratio? I know you can use AEX metal head gasket to raise the compression a little..

There is not much information on English polo forums so I hope you guys can help me out!

Sorry for my lack of Deutsch, google translate might help you out!

Thanks!

hello and nice to meet you in here.
I can't give you a directly answer.sorry!

I had search for " Ventile hh " at the moment and only read about an other head from abu engine or only Polish your original valves and make you "canals" (is it right?) bigger.

I hope I could help you with my English and fast search in here a little bit.

greetings from Germany

8volly
  • Themenstarter
8volly's

Danke fur ihre antwort,

I can only find information about using AEE zylinderkopf or ABU etc with the 'bucket tappets'
but i want to keep the original HH schlepphebel.. but with larger valves (ventile)

I will continue my search!

Hello!

I can't help you out with fitting valves "out of the box". But it should be no big thing for someone with a lathe to cutoff the Valves to 104mm and set some new Grooves for the "wedges?".

Have fun with your Polo

8volly
  • Themenstarter
8volly's

I have thought about this! although the ''Ventilschaft'' is usually hardened where the grooves are? If it is as easy as shortening the 110.5mm valves down to 104.00mm schaft and getting new grooves cut in then that would be very easy!

Vielen Danke!

Well, thanks to carbide tipped tools it should work. I don't know if the whole Valve is hardened, but if you use a new, Sharp Tip and turn at low rpm and lubrication, you can even turn hardened steel whith usual Tips.

8volly
  • Themenstarter
8volly's

Yeah it should be no problem shortening the valve, however im pretty sure the top of the schaft is hardened so i may have to get it re hardened.. so much effort for some valves eh!

Are there no tuning companies in Europe that make over size valves for the HH/HA? 104,00mm ?

Andy1211 wrote here he is running Audi valves in his HH but he wasn't online for the last 12 months. And he didn't wrote which valves :/

8volly
  • Themenstarter
8volly's

Zitat:

Andy1211 wrote here he is running Audi valves in his HH but he wasn't online for the last 12 months. And he didn't wrote which valves :/

I have found some 30mm audi valves with 104mm length that i could use for a larger exhaust valve. The ventilschaft has only 1 groove, the HH has 3 grooves. I could maybe purchase the audi collets and it may work....

so try and good luck.
I hope you can give some information soon as possible

hallo

soory for broken englisch , google translate

VW Bus T2 T3 1.7 D ( MKB KY ) : 36 x 8 x 104.9 inlet valve
VW Bus T2 T3 1.7 D ( MKB KY ) : 31.2 x 8 x 104.7 exhaust

Golf 1.6 GTI ' 7/79 - 82 ( mkb eg)
38x8x105,7 inlet
31,2x8x105,5 outlet

lada samara ( 2108 2109) : 37 x 8 x 103.7 inlet valve
lada samara ( 2108 2109) : 31.5 x 8 x 104 outlet

Opel Corsa B 73 78 79 1,4 1,4 i Si

caution 7er economy , you need matching versions !

from golf mk4 AKLengine [Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar

• 38 x 7 x 104.6 inlet valve
    31 x 7 x 104.6 exhaust

for more compression enginebloc 3 mm to plane , check the position of the piston in the top dead center

Mfg Kai

• 8volly
    • Themenstarter
    8volly's

Thank you for the reply dude!

I may be getting somewhere now..

My next question is, the standard valve is 104,00mm.. How much shorter or longer could the valve possibly be? Is there enough adjustment in the rocker arm? I guess if the new valve is 104,10 or 104,20 i could shorten it perhaps..

Thanks

hello

with google translate

3 mm longer and shorter since no problem

which can be offset on the adjustment of the rocker arm

Mfg Kai

8volly
    • Themenstarter
    8volly's

Danke kai!

So, my HH motor & zylinderkopf is now taken apart, but i need to calculate how much material to remove from the block/head to get a decent compression ratio... Kai has mentioned 3mm removed from the block? can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone know the distance between the top of the piston and the top of the block when the piston is at TDC? and also the combustion chamber volume in cc's?

Thanks again!

gelöschtes Mitglied

then you need a timingbelt with 107 tooth

8volly
      • Themenstarter
      8volly's

Sie haben eine Teilenummer für diese? oder welches Auto ist von ihm?

gelöschtes Mitglied

Lancia Gamma Coupe 16V
        oder[Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar

• 8volly
        • Themenstarter
        8volly's

Ok so, if my calculations are correct..

Using a metal AEX headgasket of 0,5mm
        reducing the 'compression height' (piston clearance) by 2,3mm, to have 1,6mm compression height
        and keeping the 20cc combustion chamber volume in the head i have worked it out to be around 11,95:1 compression ratio... I think that is high enough großes Grinsen
        Could somebody confirm this is correct?

Danke!

8volly
        • Themenstarter
        8volly's

Anyone?

Danke

Hi,

That would work .
        You need an adjustable timingbeltwheel.
        An the timing belt from the Lancia gamma 2500, it has got 1 tooth lees, perhaps the original one is to long.

8volly
        • Themenstarter
        8volly's

Thanks gott.

So, with a compression height (piston to TDC clearance) of 1,6mm will the valves still be clear of hitting the pistons, with a standard HH camshaft? Thanks

Hello

No

the valves do not meet the butt

the valves ersr stand out in a significant hub on the head

combustion chamber head

with google translate

Mfg Kai

Antworten erstellen