vw teilemarkt

New member from uk with modified 6n2

georgen
  • Themenstarter

Well for a start I will say hello, my name is George and live in the north east of England. I have a 2001 6n2 1.4 match 8v, that I have converted to a 1.6 GTi Avy engine and six speed gearbox, It has a mk3 golf colour concept black leather interior, running on 8" borbet wheels and standard GTi shocks with lowering springs. I have just bought another 1.6 Avy engine to rebuild over the winter. thats why I am on here, in the uk there is not that much knowledge on performance upgrades for this engine. was thinking turbo but running higher compression and smaller turbo, would like about 180bhp any advice would be gratefull.

went from this when I got her[Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar

• to this:[Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar
  • [Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar

• Hey georgen welcome on board.

Have a nice time here @ Polotreff.de

interesting

my english ist very bad
    if you want information to turbo on avy you would not have much luck
    but on ajv (1,6liter 120hp from 6n) you would find much more informations here

georgen
    • Themenstarter

Thank-you for the welcome, I am afraid my German is nill, but at least google translates the forum for me. I know the 6n engine has more ideas for tuning but I have my heart set on the AVY engine giving me more, I have been on a couple of tuning sites from Germany and have found a few things like turbo manifold but price is very high, £500 for manifold. at this rate will just rebuild bottom end of engine, and port/ polish head, work on valves new cams etc. and see what its like. over in the uk it seems it easier so supercharge than turbocharge. Plus I cant do without the 6 speed gearbox now, we can not find another in the uk.

questions to the avy engine you should ask http://www.polotreff.de/polo/14707
    he knows very much about this engine and has 2 6n2 gti

(sorry for bad english)

my English is not the best one gives me, however, nevertheless here a lot of fun(joke) strives itself with us in the forum

aber ich habe hier was für den rest [Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar

• You are Welcome !

If you want a nice Turbo Car.

Better sell the Polo and Buy a Cosworth !

have Fun !

hello and an nice time at polotreff.de

(ich denke unser aller englisch ist nicht das beste, aber ich denke, das google translate ihm die deutsche seite noch grottiger übersetzt )

The most members in this forum would advise you to built in a 1,8t engine from Audi TT. GTI + turbo could destroy your engine because for it the engine wasn´t constructed. Furthermore an 1,8t engine conversion become cheaper than AYV AVY plus turbo.

By the way, what does a well GTI cost in the uk and how often they are?

georgen
    • Themenstarter

well I have no interest in a ford cosworth .
    On the engine front. I could of put a 1.8T in to begin with but that had been done lots of times so went along the OEM lines but fitted the 6 speed box from a lupo gti. Think I will have to stay along the natural aspirated route and just see what the cylinder head work and rebuilt bottom end gives me.
    On the polo gti sales here, you can pay between £1000 to £2500 on standard car depending on condition, mileage and history, heavily modified ones are normally striped and sold for parts as you gain more money back.

Welcome
    Very nice car

Welcome to Polotreff..

Nice Car, have a good time =)

welcome

nice car

but the golf 2 looks very nice too

georgen
    • Themenstarter

Well have made the decision to remove GTi engine and 6 speed conversion and fit a 1.8T due to the high costs and lack of parts to get any real power increases.
    Thanks for all the reply's to my questions.

Hello and welcome

I hope you will get the informations you are looking for .

georgen
    • Themenstarter

Little update, Car now for sale. I have bought a 6n2 GTi with a blown head gasket, year 2000, black with two previous owners. this one will be getting a 1.8 20vT engine fitted over the winter.

Sounds nice .
    Fit a 1.8T in a Polo 6n is one of the best options.

georgen
    • Themenstarter

yes performance wise it is a much better option, but I will be sad to see my 6 gears 6n2 go, I can not find another one with 6 gears, do you know if this conversion was done over here.

Antworten erstellen