vw teilemarkt

mikuni carbs on GK motor

fritz
  • Themenstarter

hi everybody.

i need some help. i dont speak german as well, so i d like to ask if someone here have any expirience with mikuni or keihen motorbike carbs on GK motor ?
or maybe if there is any thema on this forum with this, could you give me a link ?

thanks
fritz

Search for this at the nederlands... in Germany it is not legal... we use Weber or Solex Carburators.... I use Weber 40 DCOE.

fritz
  • Themenstarter

i didnt know that. anyway thanks for the tip. i will check out on some nederlands forums.

if in any circumstances i decide for the webers i will contact you for help in case of need.

thx
fritz

ask this question on the www.86c.nl forum.
there are lots of people that drive withe keihin and other motorcarb,s...
www.volksforum.com there is a englisch section...

mfg richard

fritz
  • Themenstarter

thx. i have already checked poloforum. now i am going to surf on volksforum...

By the way... what do you want to know about Carbs on Polo?

fritz
  • Themenstarter

because i have never done this yet, i am interesting whaich carbs are proper for GK motor.
36, 38, 40?
buterfly, blade?
is the shape and longines of inlets important ?
is there any matematichs formulas to calculate this ?
how to calculate the right pressure?
which pressure regulator ?
benzin pump ?

i have already bought a sharper nockenwelle and the head is ported.
not finished, because i need stronger federn.

so, any tips, expirience and instructions will be appreciate.

fritz

With this Setup You´ll need 40 mm and 30 or 32mm Inlets. You have to go to somebody who can test the power of the engine and look how much CO is in the exhaust to fit the carbs to the Engine.
To get the petrol to the Carbs I use a Mitsuba Membran pump which stops at 0.8 bar. Alternativ you can use a normal pump with more power and a T-Part.
Federn I use some of an old Fiat Panda ... also its possible to use 2. Feder from VW Golf.

Antworten erstellen