vw teilemarkt

Polo AFH 1.4 16v

NatZanb
  • Themenstarter

I do not known if it have been already shown around here...

but here there some pictures that i have made of the mods on the standard air box of polo AFH 16v 6n1

the original air box with snorkel

remove snorkel

the snorkel

the snorkel hole

the airbox hole after remove the "air restrictors", for remove them i use a welding gun

Um was geht's hier?

Er möchte uns zeigen wie er seinen Luftfilterkasten für den AFH modifiziert hat

NatZanb
  • Themenstarter

after this mods the car run very well on high revs and seems to havn't loose nothing on low revw...

NatZanb
  • Themenstarter

sorry if i write in english... but i think my german is really bad...

do you know the "sorg motorsport" modification on the standard air box?

sorgtrichter2.jpg
sorgtrichter2.jpg
sorgtrichter2.jpg
sorgtrichter2.jpg
sorgtrichter3.jpg
sorgtrichter3.jpg
sorg2.jpg
sorg2.jpg

NatZanb
  • Themenstarter

no, i do not know sorg motorsport modifications...

but it seems like mine ... i have to make the stack velocity seen on pics sorg2.jpg

i have use a sport air filter and some old motorbike air box pipe that i have around my garage for making the fresh air incoming line...

Where do you get the air from?
Did you use the original location in the wheel well or do you change it?
Not that you accidentally get water sucked into - water hammers are deadly.
(Some ppl. think it will be "fresher" air in front of the car or whatever )

Can you make out a percentage of performance enhancement at higher revs?
Or is it just by instinct?

What purpose has this snorkel in normal use?

Sollte nur der Geräuschdämmung dienen.

Der Sorg Trichter macht leider wenig sinn da er einfach zu klein im Durchmesser ist.

NatZanb
  • Themenstarter

i take the air from the original location...

and i can not quantify the performance advantage i have take with this mod....

but in a few day i will go to my "personal test circuit"....

is a part of a streed... in a tunnel.... 4 km of stright tunnel going up with 7% of incliantion...

i will try 4 "lunch".. . with video if i can...

1 with original snorkel from 2000 rpm in first gear and going to limiter in all gear....
1 without snorkel, same test....
1 with original snorkel from 1000 rpm in fifth gear to ... where can go...
1 without original snorkel, same test...

of cours is not like a dyno run... but i think i can understand how much i have lose or gain at top range and low range...

Sounds good to me, but try not to get caught by the carabinieri

Ensure that your testing environment is set up as similar as possible each run (humidity, same temperature of the engine etc.)

If you do all tests on the same day with stable weather within a few hours you should be good to go, but remember to warm up your engine before the runs

Buon divertimento!

NatZanb
  • Themenstarter

i try to do the best test possible....

i think every test could be done in 10 minuts... wheater condition i suppose could not change a lot in 40 minuts...

the "circuit" is 40 km far from me... i think i arrive there with the engine at goog temperature...

i will make the test froma a running start ... (in 1° gear from 2000 rpm... change up gear at 6500...and in 5° gear from 1000 rpm) ... in this kind i think the uman error coul be cutten...

Zitat:

i think every test could be done in 10 minuts... wheater condition i suppose could not change a lot in 40 minuts...

the "circuit" is 40 km far from me... i think i arrive there with the engine at goog temperature...

Benissimo.

Do you have a laptop with an OBD-cable to monitor/measure the mass of your sensors with VAG-COM (or WBH-Diag)?

Just an idea which came in my mind

NatZanb
  • Themenstarter

no, i do not think about this... i do not think that 6n1 have obd sensor...

where is locate the plug?

and any idea where can i download some software for read this data?

Zitat:

i do not think that 6n1 have obd sensor

No, but you can read out the ECU via the so called [Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar
  • protocol.

You can buy an "OBD adapter cable" e.g. via eB@y for about 20€.
    I only have an old version from the company "ELV" with a serial (RS232) Port, so idk exactly how USB-Interfaces will work (if there is a "cheap" RS232<->USB converter chip soldered, you might get "out of sync" problems, as your protocol is handled via software.
    According to port issues (e.g. no RS232 connector or USB not working due to driver problems) my recommendation is an old WinXP-Laptop.

You can use [Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar
  • (formerly called "VAG-COM", the light version should be for free) or [Dieser Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar
  • (Freeware, works too but might get out of sync - give it a try, its free ^^).

My plug (old central electronics) is located unter the steering wheel, accessible via the driver's glovebox.
    Stress google's pic search for "polo 6n obd stecker" and you will get more Ideas where to search for.

Unless you don't put high voltage to the pins or you manually enter special login codes (in your control units via software) you can't really damage anything.
    So don't be afraid you will brick your ECU
    The worst case should be that it just won't work to get a connection

• Antworten erstellen